Thursday, July 29, 2010

7/29/10 BILAL LIVE IN BELGIUM SINGING A NEW SONG CALLED "ROBOTS"



One thing that must be said about this blog of ours is that you will see me put up an array of different things that either sparked an element in my mind/Asa's or just plain inspired us as a whole. Today its "Bilal"...You may ask "Why Bilal?" Simply, I feel that Bilal is a genius hands down!!! I remember watching a performance of Otis Redding and seeing how uninhibited and free he was performing and felt that the same rules apply here but in a different age of music. Every time I have seen Bilal I have always been captivated and taken to another place musically that no other artist has taken me. When we (Phase One & Asa Buchanon) perform we are always complemented on how live we are w/ the energy that is giving forth to the people. As artists though, we strive to keep taking it to the next level where people are floored or enamored with the pure emotion/passion seeping through the walls people put up that keep them from being them. To even the ones that we still have. Those are things that I study from artist like Bilal.

Even artists like Janelle Monae who is very soft spoken behind the scenes but explosive when she performs says the same about Bilal. Take a look at the clip of Bilal performing from the link I posted, a new song he has "ROBOTS" from his highly anticipated sophomore album, "Airtight's Revenge". When you watch you will almost see how he is just channeling into the music itself not caring who is watching sort of like someone who is dancing in the dark!!! and you already know how that is, FREEDOM at it's finest!!! If you don't like its all good but respect his craftsman/showmanship...Cause on this link here he is only playing with ya'll... enjoy!!!

No comments: