Tuesday, August 24, 2010

8/24 Another treat!!! Only the "Real" will stand!!!

REAL WILL STAND by PHASEONEMUSIC

Good morning ya'll. First & foremost I would like to say Happy Birthday to one of my best friends Kahlief. He has practically seen my growth to where I am now and is still around and I appreciated him for existing. Great dude!!!

Now on to this particular entry. This is an unreleased record from Myself & Asa that came from a darker era of our come up. Like all families and great friends, there are moments when people are not seeing eye to eye and are in disagreement. That very much applies here. What gets me is how the mood of the song from the track's perspective is smooth but has a level of darkness in it. Sorta of like an eerie feeling. Even though I may not have noticed it then, I probably picked a track that described the uncomfortable way I was feeling as a whole. Who knows. Going through this rough patch with Asa then of course meant we weren't hanging out/vibing as much but some how someway, we still managed to make music. Not in the way we do now but none the less making the music.

I was on the train last night and I kept rewinding parts of this record that had me like, "I said that? Wow" so from a record that is 3 to 4 minutes it turned out being 5 or 6 minutes lolololol. This record has a lot depth and meaning. A phrase from the chorus that I quote is, "When the dust and the sand clears...Only the real will stand and I am here...If its all good who's with me? Am I the only one standing?" It meant a lot for me at the time to write that because when its all said and done the only people that will be around you are those who are "REAL" whether it is family or friends or the best of both which indeed is an unavoidable truth we must adhere to. Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We live in a time where labels are just looking to make a quick buck and not invest time into artist development. This method is destroying the music industry and dumbing down the public but all hope is not lost....!!!! That's where Asa & Phase come into the picture, these brothers have def musically and lyrically revived my "Love for Hip Hop soul"....!!!! Whether your just for lyrical content or just interested in production, Asa & Phase have both prescriptions covered for your Hip Hop ailment. In closing if your truly and I mean truly an adamant Hip Hop Head, I encourage you to invest in Asa & Phase's "Bugnanas" LP right now....What are you waiting for turn off that wack ass radio and get your ass on iTunes or Amazon, as Asa would say GOOOOOOO)))))))....!!!! "DETOUR"