Tuesday, August 31, 2010

8/31 Video: My Mic Sounds Nice: A Truth About Women & Hip-Hop


2183215949
Uploaded by yardie4lifever2. - Explore international webcam videos.


2183222829
Uploaded by yardie4lifever2. - See video of the biggest web video personalities.


2183222829x
Uploaded by yardie4lifever2. - Discover more webcam videos and video blogs.

Where did the voice of the female emcee go? Does anyone even care? They have been here whether some may like or not and I am pretty sure if the numbers go low based on commercial success, they meaning women will still remain. There is no doubt about it, this is a male dominated business but honestly you can't have one without the other. For those that missed the Documentary
 last night on BET, "My Mic Sounds Nice" here is an opportunity to see it commercial free and straight to the point. This I believe will restore respect in anyone that had lost it for females in music or store respect if you never had any.






The "Bugnanablogs" is a little different from the others if you didn't quite notice. With that said, we're not playing down the others either. We put up things that connect how we became who we are today and we show respect for it. For me (Phase One) I loved Queen Latifah and Mc Lyte because of how empowering and confident they were rapping. Which showed a lot about their personal character. Those two in particular were like if I were watching a female "KRS -1" with a little "Chuck D" to form a Latifah. Watching Mc Lyte was like having the rawness of a "Big Daddy Kane" with the smoothness in delivery as a "Lord Finesse." Again these are all my opinions and ONLY mine !!!

There is one thing that Lyte mentioned that caught my attention. She said this is an industry that is male dominated as mentioned earlier, where men bash females and speak of them in a lower standard gaining high sales off of it. With that going on, how can they (women) be looked at with respect enough so us as the consumer male or female can buy their records? and support them? I can't say I have listened and followed every female emcee but I do listen to them. In Hip Hop's subculture to others known as the underground, there are many who are nice enough to make you scratch your temples. Some that are filled with sex appeal mixed with lyrics and wordplay. Others that are just as raw as a Rah Digga is, the works.


Today, we have Nicki Minaj. Some love her, some hate her but she is following a blue print that has been done in the past that is working to her advantage. She is a hybrid of many in the past who set the  trend but to be successful today you must be that and greater to keep the attention of the masses. I can't say I like everything Nicki releases but she does have witty lines that I respect as a emcee. Its not until after all the facial expressions and quirky mannerisms when I can actually try to listen. That is when I would catch lines from her. I say that with no disrespect because all in all she is a very beautiful woman and very determined. One thing I can say is she doesn't take herself that serious but her career that is another story. I highly respect that aspect from her. Regardless of whether its good or bad she is preserving the race of female emcees in this era. Times change and so do the type of characters in it. I think this is a very informative documentary and worth the watch... Enjoy!!!

No comments: