Wednesday, August 25, 2010

8/25 Mascott & Doug Gillard video "Please, Please, Please" & "A Get Away" feat. Phase One & Mascott

Longtime friends Kendall Meade (a.k.a. Mascott) and Doug Gillard (Guided By Voices, Cobra Verde and too many more to list here) recently teamed up to record a new single. The digital-only “Please Please Please” was co-written by the two New Yorkers; Gillard played all the instruments on the track, while Meade handled the vocal duties. We are proud to premiere the Debora Francis-directed video for the song.


MASCOTT & DOUG GILLARD  Please Please Please from DEBORA FRANCIS on Vimeo.

Today's entry comes from a good friend of mine Kendall Meade who to the world is known as Mascott. Her and Doug Gillard came together to create this beautiful master piece entitled "Please, Please, Please." I'm not sure if this is a song that is part of a particular project between her & Doug but if you are not familiar with Mascott, please get familiar. She has two projects out "Dreamer's Book" and "The Art Project" the was release from her own indie label "Red Panda Records." She's also had her music played on television shows on NewYork's channel 11 while traveling across the U.S. showcasing her gift. In regards to her latest video, I truly stumbled upon this gem while surfing the digital waves we know as the internet today. According to the post by "Magnet Magazine" it seems that I caught this video in time of its release. For it was only on the web officially for 3 days. I posted on twitter today stating how glad I was to see all my peers that are successfully living their dreams against the odds in front of them. This case is no different. Find out more about Mascott look her up on: http://www.mascottsongs.com or on Facebook: facebook.com/kjmbook.

  A GET AWAY FEAT. PHASE ONE & MASCOTT (Prod. Dub-Z) by PHASEONEMUSIC

I had to add this 2nd entry to show you all the connection between Mascott and Myself. I actually met her as Kendall Meade in the work force other wards, we were coworkers. We've always shared great vibes and had all sorts of heart to heart conversations at our cubes about music or life in general. In conversation we would always say how we needed to work together because the contrast in our musical styles would shock our peers, friends or the world. I just felt, her from the folkish Joni Mitchell side of the things and me from a Hip Hop perspective the fusion would be incredible. Along with production from another great friend of mine "Dub-Z" we made this collaboration happen.

Whats crazy is when Dub gave me the go to use the track he made, I was writing to it while heading to one of Mascott's shows. It was a long time coming and I just needed to see how she was as a performer. Also, I needed to show my support. Once I heard her sing it was as if she was no longer there where the only thing that existed was her voice. Her song style and performance was raw, beautiful and pure. It just managed to stick in the hearts of all of us in attendance and all I could think of was "Damn I work with her!!!! Awesome!!!" The very next day I sent her the track I was writting to and showed her my profound interest in working together. We scheduled a day after work and went to her house to write the pieces of the song we had together. Pure magic!!! You can feel that good energy through out the track. The studio session for the song was another beautiful situation. This song was suppose to go on an album I was working on "De Ja Vu All Over Again" but just may end up elsewhere. All I am saying is this song needs to be with YOU all!!! Enjoy!!!

*If you feel the Dub-Z check other songs he has produced: http://www.myspace.com/jeffersonjacksonmusic

No comments: